White Paper on Consumer Affairs 2021 (Summary) -Table of Contents-
(FY2020 Implementation of Consumer Policy / Report on the Results of Information Gathering and Analysis on Consumer Accidents)
Part 1 : Trend in consumer issues and consumer's attitude / behavior
Chapter 1 : Results of information gathering and analysis on consumer accidents
Report to the Diet based on the Consumer Safety Act
Section 1 : Results of information gathering and analysis on consumer accidents reported to the Consumer Affairs Agency
- Section 2 : Information on life or health-related accidents gathered to the Consumer Affairs Agency
- Section 3 : Overview of consumer affairs consultations
- Section 4 : Consumer issues which are now attracting attention
- Section 5 : Experience of consumer harm and problems and estimation of the financial detriment
- Section 6 : Environmental changes that surround consumers
Chapter 2 : [Feature] Consumer behaviors in "New Lifestyle" - Changes in "grounds for consumption decisions" -
- Section 1 : Spread of COVID-19 and consumption trends
- Section 2 : Consumers' attitudes/behaviors in "New Lifestyle"
- Section 3 : Changes in "grounds for consumption decisions"
- Section 4 : Consumers' attitudes/behaviors in emergencies
- Section 5 : Consumer troubles in the spread of COVID-19
- Section 6 : Responses by the Consumer Affairs Agency to COVID-19
Part 2 : Implementation of consumer policy
Chapter 1 : Major consumer policies by the Consumer Affairs Agency
- Section 1 : The Basic Plan on Consumer Policy
- Section 2 : Preventing consumer harm
- Section 3 : Promotion of economic/social structural reforms through consumers' participation, etc. to fair and sustainable society
- Section 4 : Practice of "New Lifestyle" Flexible/focused response to other various issues
- Section 5 : Promotion of consumer education and providing information for consumers
- Section 6 : Establishing systems to promote the consumer administration
Chapter 2 : Details of implementation of consumer policy
Report to the Diet based on the Basic Act on Consumer Policies
- Section 1 : Preventing consumer harm
- Section 2 : Promotion of economic/social structural reforms through consumers' participation, etc. to fair and sustainable society
- Section 3 : Practice of "New Lifestyle" Flexible/focused response to other various issues
- Section 4 : Promotion of consumer education and providing education to consumers
- Section 5 : Establishing the structure to promote consumer administration
Data on consumer administration
- In this document, consumer affairs consultation information registered with PIO-NET is current as of Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
- With regard to consumer affairs consultation information registered with PIO-NET, it will take a certain amount of time from accepting consultations at local consumer affairs centers to registering the consolations, so the number of consultations in this document may increase slightly in the future.
- M.T. in the attitude survey means the ratio that is calculated by dividing the total number of responses with the number of respondents (N). In questions with multiple answers, this value typically exceeds 100%.
- In principle, unit figures are rounded. Due to the unit rounding, the total of values in the breakdown may not match the figure shown in the corresponding total field.