White Paper on Consumer Affairs 2020 (Summary) -Table of Contents-
(FY2019 Implementation of Consumer Policy / Report on the Results of Information Gathering and Analysis on Consumer Accidents)
Part 1 : Trend in consumer issues and consumer's attitude / behavior
Chapter 1 : Results of information gathering and analysis on consumer accidents
Report to the Diet based on the Consumer Safety Act
- Section 2 : Information on life or health-related accidents gathered to the Consumer Affairs Agency
Chapter 2 : [Feature] Responsibility to create, responsibility to use, and responsibility to reduce - Reduction of food loss and waste for sustainable society -
Part 2 : Implementation of consumer policy
- Section 1 : The Basic Plan on Consumer Policy
- Section 2 : Preventing consumer harm
- Section 3 : Promotion of economic/social structural reforms through consumers' participation, etc. to fair and sustainable society
- Section 4 : Flexible/focused action for various issues related to consumer affairs
- Section 5 : Promotion of consumer education and providing information for consumers
- Section 6 : Establishing systems to promote the consumer administration
Report to the Diet based on the Basic Act on Consumer Policies.
- Section 1 : Ensuring consumer safety
- Section 2 : Establishing trusted food labelling and ensuring reliability
- Section 3 : Ensuring that all transactions are fair
- Section 4 : Forming a society where consumers can play the leading role in making choices and taking actions
- Section 5 : Establishing frameworks for redress for damage and protecting consumer profit
- Section 6 : Establishing national and local consumer administration systems
Data on consumer administration
- In this document, consumer affairs consultation information registered with PIO-NET is current as of March 31, 2020.
- With regard to consumer affairs consultation information registered with PIO-NET, it will take a certain amount of time from accepting consultations at local consumer affairs centers to registering the consolations, so the number of consultations in this document may increase slightly in the future.
- M.T. in the attitude survey means the ratio that is calculated by dividing the total number of responses with the number of respondents (N).T.In questions with multiple answers, this value typically exceeds 100%.