Enhancement of labelling and ensuring of trust
Part 2 : Implementation of consumer policy
Chapter 1 : Major consumer policy at the Consumer Affairs Agency
Section 3 : Enhancement of labelling and ensuring of trust
Changes in the care labeling of washing for textile goods, etc.
- Textile Goods Quality Labeling Regulation has been revised based on the "Household Goods Quality Labeling Act," and the care labeling of washing for textile goods, etc. has changed on December 1, 2016.
- The number of washing symbols increased from 22 to 41, and provides more detailed information on the handling of textile goods; therefore the number of problems which occur when washing is expected to decrease.
- As the care labeling of washing has been globally harmonized, it would be easier to understand the proper manner to maintain textile goods, etc.
Promoting the optimization of food labelling
In April 2015, the new food labelling system was introduced under the Food Labelling Act.
Individual issues in FY2016 include the following:
- ① Food labelling for online sale
- ② To display the origin of ingredients in processed foods
- ③ To discuss the handling of nutrients (vitamins and minerals) of foods with function claims or foods whose active ingredients are not clear
- In September 2016, a permit was revoked for foods for specified health use in which the amount of active ingredients was smaller than that at the time of permission. A post-purchase survey was conducted and steps were taken to prevent this from recurring.