Enhancement of labelling and ensuring of trust | Summary
-Part 1 Chapter 4, Section 3-
Part 1 : Today's consumer issues and consumers' behavior/attitude
Chapter 4 : Development of consumer policy
Section 3 : Enhancement of labelling and ensuring of trust
Measures for preventing misleading representations (introduction of surcharge system)
- The Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations was revised in the face of recent social problems such as "food fraud" and "food labelling and other problems."
- The surcharge system, which was enforced in April 2016, was introduced against the undertakings that have committed misleading representations.
Introducing new food labelling system
- In April 2015, the new food labelling system was introduced under the Food Labelling Act.
1) Mandatory labelling for nutrition information of processed foods
2) Changes of regulations in allergen information display
3) Establishment of the system of "Foods with Function Claims"
- 273 cases were reported to be registered as "foods with function claims" as of the end of FY 2015.