Information on consumer accidents related to consumers' life and health | Summary -Part 1 Chapter 3, Section 2-
Part 1 : Today's consumer issues and consumers' behavior/attitude
Chapter 3 : Trends in consumer issues
Section 2 : Information on consumer accidents related to consumers' life and health
Consultations on damage/risk information is on a decline from FY2014
- Among consumer affairs consultations in FY2015, 14,447 cases were classified as "damage/risk information."
- 10,177 cases were "damage information" while 4,270 were "risk information," both of which decreased compared with the consultations in the previous fiscal year.
- "Skin problems" was the most frequently reported "damage information" while "mixed foreign substances" was the highest among "risk information."
Caution for accidental ingestion of children and elderly people
- There reported accidental ingestion of water absorbing polymer balls by children, and of PTP packaging sheets (pill packaging) by elderly people.
- Accidental ingestion by children may be overlooked and become serious risks, without their parents attendance.
- To prevent accidental ingestion, PTP packaging sheets need to be taken care of without separation.