1. Basic premise
The Consumer Affairs Agency collects information on users of the Consumer Affairs Agency websites (http://www.caa.go.jp, etc. (*), hereinafter referred to as "the Site") to the extent necessary for the efficient operation of the services provided on the Site (such as provision of information, e-mail distribution via the e-mail newsletter delivery service, and acceptance of various comments). Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of information acquisition
- （1）We automatically collect and store Internet domain names, IP addresses, information about access to the Site and so forth.
Cookies (information transmitted from the server to the user's browser and stored on the user's computer in order for the server to identify users) are not used.
- （2）For the e-mail newsletter delivery service, we ask users to register their e-mail address.
In addition, we ask users to register their gender, age, and additional information on a voluntary basis.
- （3）When we collect comments, inquiries, or questionnaires on individual cases by using an email address ending with "@caa.go.jp", we may ask users to enter their name, email address, gender, age, and additional information as needed.
3. Purposes of use
- （1）The information acquired in 2.(1) will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the Site.
- （2）The information acquired in 2.(2) will be used for e-mail distribution via the e-mail newsletter delivery service. Gender, age, and additional information registered on a voluntary basis will be used as a reference for creating e-mail newsletters.
- （3）Comments, inquiries, and questionnaires acquired in 2.(3) will be used as a reference for formulating our policies and preparing materials in the future. We will use email addresses and phone numbers when replying to and confirming inquiries. Such information may be forwarded to related departments within the Consumer Affairs Agency depending on the nature of the comments, etc.
In addition, such information may be made public in a manner that would make it impossible to identify the senders of the comments (except for cases where the Site indicates in advance that the senders’ names, etc. will be published or where the senders consent to the publication of their names, etc.).
4. Limitations on use and provision
At the Agency, except in the cases listed below, Retained Personal Information (personal information having been prepared or obtained by an employee of the Agency in the course of his or her duties and is held by the Agency for organizational use by its employees, which is recorded in administrative documents) will not be used by ourselves for any purposes other than those described in "3. Purposes of use" nor will it be provided to any third party.
- （1）Where it is provided by laws and regulations
- （2）Where the Retained Personal Information is used or provided with the consent of the Individual Concerned, or where it is provided to the Individual Concerned
- （3）Where the Agency uses the Retained Personal Information within the Agency only to the extent necessary for executing the affairs under its jurisdiction provided by laws and regulations, and there are reasonable grounds for such use of the information
- （4）Where the Retained Personal Information is provided to another Administrative Organ, Incorporated Administrative Agency, etc., local public entity or Local Incorporated Administrative Agency in which the person who receives the information uses it only to the extent necessary for executing the affairs or business under its jurisdiction provided by laws and regulations, and there are reasonable grounds for such use of the information
- （5）Where the Retained Personal Information is provided exclusively for statistical purposes or academic research purposes, provision of the information to other persons is obviously beneficial to the Individual Concerned, or there are other special grounds for providing the Retained Personal Information
5. Measures to ensure security
The Agency is taking necessary measures for the appropriate management of acquired information to prevent any leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
The operation of the Site may be outsourced, but the organization to whom the information is outsourced will take necessary measures for appropriate management of acquired information.
6. Disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of personal information
The user can request the disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of Retained Personal Information collected on the Site by the Agency pursuant to the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Administrative Organs (Act No. 58 of 2003). The Agency will determine whether to make disclosure decisions, etc. pursuant to the Act.
The user can unsubscribe from the e-mail newsletter delivery service anytime they like. The user can also change or correct their personal information such as email address.
7. Scope of application
- Contact Us
- General Affairs Division,
Consumer Affairs Agency
Central Common Government Offices No.4,6F, 3-1-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8958
- (*) List of URLs of the Consumer Affairs Agency's websites
- The following are the URLs of the websites operated by the Consumer Affairs Agency as of November 30, 2015.